EURAXESS ASEAN Flashnote 21 July 2017
EURAXESS ASEAN has been serving researchers in all fields interested in a research career in Europe since 2007. Its web portal makes it easier for researchers, entrepreneurs, and businesses in Europe and ASEAN to interact with each other. The portal contains thousands of job postings as well as funding and fellowship opportunities – especially for scholarship opportunities this can be interesting. Find out more on the homepage (https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/worldwide/asean) which offers a great breadth of funding schemes, publications, events and other useful information.
40 years of EU-ASEAN cooperation — 2017 edition
This statistical publication – commemorating the 40th anniversary of EU-ASEAN Dialogue Relations celebrated in 2017 – offers an insight into a range of socioeconomic issues concerning EU–ASEAN relations. It focuses on statistical data on trade, investment and migration, and also provides an overview of key data regarding the economy, finance, labour market and population. The data, presented in this publication, has been extracted from the Eurostat’s online database, statistics pages of the ASEAN website and a range of international sources. For further information find the link to the database platform here, or download the report directly:
Scholarships and other opportunities
In the EURAXESS ASEAN Flashnote of 21 July 2017 several scholarship and fellowship opportunities can be found.
- “Indonesia EU Scholarships Day. Manado. 12 August”, ” Singapore: Latest Higher Education and Research Opportunities. 30 September”,
- “United Kingdom: Training Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine for Researchers from Low and Middle Income Countries. Preliminary deadline 30 November”,
- ” United Kingdom: Newton Fund Institutional Links Programme. Thai Researchers Eligible. Deadline 19 September”,
- “United Kingdom: Newton Fund Researcher Links Travel Grants. Researchers from Indonesia and Philippines Eligible. Deadline 19 September”,
- “United Kingdom: Newton Fund Researcher Links Workshop Grants. Researchers from the Philippines Eligible. Deadline 19 September”,
- “Italy/Europe. 24 MSCA Post Doc Positions in Nanomedicine, Neuroscience and Robotics. ASEAN Researchers Eligible. Deadline 31 August”,
- “United Kingdom: Post-doctoral Fellowships at the Science and Technology Facilities Council Laboratories (STFC) in the UK. Deadline: 29 September”,
- “Switzerland – 15 PhD Positions at EASITrain Innovative Training Network (ITN). ASEANResearchers Eligible. Deadline 02 October, 2017”,
- “ASEM-DUO Thailand Fellowship Programme. Open to University Graduates and Undergraduates. Deadline 31 August, 2017”