Funding within ASEA-UNINET Projects
ASEA-UNINET supports the exchange of knowledge between partner universities in the member countries in Europe and South-East Asia. The main activity of the network is the organization and financial support of the exchange of scientists and postgraduates and the transfer of knowledge associated with this.
ASEA-UNINET Austria aims to promote research and teaching activities between the member universities in Austria and South-East Asia. Funding within ASEA-UNINET projects is offered
- for doctoral students and researchers (Clinical traineeship projects are exempt from this restriction)
- from all fields of study/research: Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Human Medicine, Health Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, Arts
The funding is organized by the OeAD-GmbH/MPC in cooperation with ASEA-UNINET (on behalf of and financed by the Austrian Federal Ministry of Science and Research – BMBWF).
- All universities involved in a project must be ASEA-UNINET members or candidate members.
- At least one cooperating university has to be an ASEA-UNINET member university in Austria.
- All project participants in receipt of funding must be employees of the Austrian or ASEAN (incl. Pakistani) partner university/universities at the time the project is carried out.
Country of origin / Target country (mobilities in both directions):
- Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam
No age limit 🙂
The Call 2023-2024 is already closed!
The Call 2024-2025 will open in spring 2024.
Project implementation period:
According to the academic year in Austria (from October to the end of September of the following year)
Implementation period of the call 2023-2024: 1st Oct. 2023 – 30th Sept. 2024
Closing date for applications:
20th April 2023
The ASEA-UNINET application guideline:
Where to apply
Applications can ONLY be submitted by members of the Austrian ASEA-UNINET (candidate) member universities – online application ONLY via www.scholarships.at. The link to the application form can be found here.
Incomplete applications and applications not complying with the application criteria will not be accepted for further selection process.
The selection follows a multi-stage process:
- Examination of the formal requirements, done by OeAD
- Assessment and evaluation of the application by the ASEA-UNINET Coordinator of the relevant Austrian (candidate) member university
- Assessment and evaluation of the application by the ASEA-UNINET Board and the ASEA-UNINET Board of Trustees
- Final decision by the BMBWF.
Administration of project funding:
OeAD-GmbH – Austria’s Agency for Education and Internationalisation
Department for International Cooperation in Higher Education / Mobility Programmes and Cooperation (MPC)
Barbara Karahan, BA BA MA (Ms.)
Tel.: +43 1 534 08-476