Funding within ASEA-UNINET Projects
ASEA-UNINET supports the exchange of knowledge between partner universities in the member countries in Europe and South-East Asia. The main activity of the network is the organization and financial support of the exchange of scientists and postgraduates and the transfer of knowledge associated with this.
ASEA-UNINET Austria aims to promote research and teaching activities between the member universities in Austria and South-East Asia. Funding within ASEA-UNINET projects is offered
- for doctoral students and researchers (Clinical traineeship projects are exempt from this restriction)
- from all fields of study/research: Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Human Medicine, Health Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, Arts
The funding is organized by the OeAD-GmbH/MPC in cooperation with ASEA-UNINET (on behalf of and financed by the Austrian Federal Ministry of Science and Research – BMBWF).
- All universities involved in a project must be ASEA-UNINET members or candidate members.
- At least one cooperating university has to be an ASEA-UNINET member university in Austria.
- All project participants in receipt of funding must be employees of the Austrian or ASEAN (incl. Pakistani) partner university/universities at the time the project is carried out.
Country of origin / Target country (mobilities in both directions):
- Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam
No age limit 🙂
Project implementation period:
The implementation period of the current call 2021-2022: October 2021 – September 2022
Closing date for applications:
22nd April 2021
The ASEA-UNINET application guideline:
Where to apply:
Applications can ONLY be submitted by members of the Austrian ASEA-UNINET (candidate) member universities – online application ONLY via www.scholarships.at.
Incomplete applications and applications not complying with the application criteria will not be accepted for further selection process.
The selection follows a multi-stage process:
- Examination of the formal requirements, done by OeAD
- Assessment and evaluation of the application by the ASEA-UNINET Coordinator of the relevant Austrian (candidate) member university
- Assessment and evaluation of the application by the ASEA-UNINET Board and the ASEA-UNINET Board of Trustees
- Final decision by the BMBWF.
Administration of project funding:
OeAD-GmbH – Austria’s Agency for Education and Internationalisation
Department for International Cooperation in Higher Education / MPC – Mobility Programmes, Bilateral and Multilateral Cooperation
Barbara Karahan, BA BA MA (Ms)
Tel.: +43 1 534 08-476