Ernst Mach Follow-up Grants (EZA)
- PhD holders, Postdoc Grants (research grants)
Duration: 1-3 months
Supplementary grant, own funds required
Grant benefit paid:
- EUR 1,250.–
- accident and health insurance
- Scholarship holders have to pay the costs for accommodation and insurance themselves.
The OeAD can help with taking out a health insurance that is accepted by the Austrian authorities.
It is possible for OeAD scholarship holders to book accommodation (dormitory or apartment) with the OeAD student housing. The monthly costs are:
- monthly rent: roughly EUR 300.– to EUR 800.– (depending on the amenities)
- monthly administrative fee: currently EUR 21.–
- Scholarship holders will receive a travel costs subsidy of maximum EUR 1,000.–
- Maximum age for applicants: 50 years
- Applicants are currently pursuing research or teaching at a higher education institution / university in a non-European developing country and were in receipt of a grant in Austria which was administered by the OeAD-GmbH (formerly ÖAD).
- Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
- At the time of taking up the grant at least 5 years must have been passed since the last scholarship-supported study or research stay in Austria.
Deadline for applications:
1st February and 1st September every year
Incomplete applications and applications not complying with the application criteria will not be accepted for the further selection process.
The selection follows a multistage processs:
- Examination of the formal requirements
- Examination of the application’s general plausibility
- Assessment and evaluation of the application by experts
- Final decision by the BMBWF
Link for further information:
For more information please click: Ernst Mach Follow-up Grant Link
Where to apply:
Online at www.scholarships.at ONLY! (Paper-based applications are no longer accepted!)
Department for International Cooperation in Higher Education / Mobility Programmes and Cooperation
Katharina Engel (Ms.)
Tel.: +43 1 53408-450