1 Ernst Mach Follow-up Grants (EZA)
- PhD holders, Post-doc Grants (research grants)
Duration: 1-3 months
Supplementary grant, own funds required
Grant benefit paid:
- 1,150 EUR
- accident and health insurance
- Scholarship holders have to pay the costs for accommodation and insurance themselves.
The OeAD can help with taking out a health insurance that is accepted by the Austrian authorities.
- if necessary the OeAD-GmbH will endeavor to provide accommodation on a cost basis of 250 to 600 EUR, additional monthly administration fee of 18 EUR
- Scholarship holders will receive a travel costs subsidy of maximum 1.000 EUR
- Maximum age for applicants: 50 years
- Applicants are currently pursuing research or teaching at a higher education institution / university in a Non-European developing country and were in receipt of a grant in Austria which was administered by the OeAD-GmbH (formerly ÖAD).
- Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
- At the time of taking up the grant at least 5 years must have been passed since the last scholarship-supported study or research stay in Austria.
4 Deadline for applications:
1st February and 1st September every year
5 Selection process:
Incomplete applications and applications not complying with the application criteria will not be accepted for the further selection process.
The selection follows a multistage processs:
- Examination of the formal requirements
- Examination of the application’s general plausibility
- Assessment and evaluation of the application by experts
- Final decision by the BMBWF
6 Link for further information:
For more information please click: Ernst Mach Follow-up Grant Link
7 Where to apply:
Online at www.scholarships.at ONLY! (Paper-based applications are no longer accepted!)
Department for International Cooperation in Higher Education / Mobility Programmes, Bilateral and Multilateral Cooperation MPC
Katharina Engel (Ms.)
Tel.: +43 1 53408-450