Bernd Rode Award
The Bernd Rode Award is granted by the ASEAN-European Academic University Network (ASEA-UNINET) to outstanding scientific and higher education collaborations between its Austrian and South-East-Asian or Pakistani member universities . The Award is given every 18 months in three different categories.
The Award is associated with financial support up to a maximum of 4,500 euros (depending on the category). The aim of the Bernd Rode Award is to enhance and extend the research possibilities in the context of collaborations backed by ASEA-UNINET.
The Award is named after Bernd Michael Rode, an eminent Austrian researcher and founder of ASEA-UNINET.
- Eligible for application are all ongoing as well as past ASEA-UNINET collaborations (latest dating back to 2017, involving researchers from at least one Austrian and one ASEAN/Pakistani ASEA-UNINET member university (e.g. joint research project, research-stay, scholarship, etc.). The contribution submitted must be partially funded by ASEA-UNINET Austria.
- The application can be made either by the Austrian partner or by the ASEAN/Pakistani partner.
- The Award is granted in the following three categories:
- Junior (Individual contributions conducted within the framework of ASEA-UNINET by applicants up to 5 years after completion of their PhD studies)
- Senior (Individual contributions, including all publications and projects carried out in the framework of ASEA-UNINET by applicants over a period of 5 years after completion of their PhD studies)
- Project-based collaborative research conducted in the framework of ASEA-UNINET
- The amount of money awarded has to be reinvested in future projects of research or in higher education collaborations (area of music and art) within the framework of ASEA-UNINET to fund the travel and/or accommodation costs of the researcher/s travelling between Austria and South-East-Asia/Pakistan.
Submissions are to be sent by email to email@example.com and have to include the following documents. Kindly name the documents as listed below and enclose them individually.
- Junior and Senior submissions:
- Short description of the research collaboration conducted in the framework of ASEA-UNINET (about 1-2 pages)
- Role of ASEA-UNINET in the work of the applicant
- CV and publication list (plus the applicants’ best publications as full pdf-version max. 5)
- The three most important scientific or artistic contributions of the applicant (max. 200 Words)
- Project-based submissions:
- Short description of the research project conducted in the framework of ASEA-UNINET (about 1-2 pages)
- Role of ASEA-UNINET as facilitator
- CV and list of publications of the project team
- Scientific and/or societal education results and publications arising from the project
Important Dates Bernd Rode Award 2022:
The Call is open now!
Submission Deadline: March 1st, 2022
Notification given no later than: May 15th, 2022
Award Ceremony (as part of the ASEA-UNINET Plenary Meeting 2022 in Linz/Austria): July 2022*
* Might be subject to change due to the COVID-19 pandemic. More information will follow.