Administration and Guidelines
Each Member University has an ASEA-UNINET Coordinator, each country a National Coordinator and each continent a Regional Coordinator. The President is elected at the Plenary Meeting for approx. a 1 ½ year period.
Funding is provided by ministries, the universities and further funding is sought within the programmes of the EU.
Due to the well-functioning infrastructure of the network, it also provides support
- to companies seeking contacts for projects
- for political and economic delegations
- for city and regional partnerships
- Plenary Meetings take place once every 18 months, alternating between a European and an Asian country
- National Coordinators Meetings take place between the Plenary Meetings. The venue is decided upon at the previous Plenary Meeting
- Membership Representation
- Each university is represented by a University Coordinator who is appointed by the Rector in writing. The University Coordinator should be a Professor who actively carries out teaching and research
- Each country has a National Coordinator who is chosen by the University Coordinators of that country. To ensure continued cooperation over a long period, it is desirable that the National Coordinator is chosen /his position confirmed with the intention of holding this position over a longer period before the Plenary Meeting
- General Rules and Regulations
- All decisions require a 2/3rds majority
- In all activities each side should contribute in cash or kind according to their means. The per capita income of the countries serves as a general guideline for the relation of contributions.
- National governments are encouraged to provide specific support for the Network.
For information on how to become a member, how to cancel membership and membership fees please see Membership and Membership Fees.