Administration and Guidelines
Each Member University has an ASEA-UNINET Coordinator, each country a National Coordinator and each continent a Regional Coordinator. The President is elected at the Plenary Meeting for approx. a 1 ½ year period.
Detailed information is available on member universities and can be found here.
Funding is provided by ministries, the universities and further funding is sought within the programmes of the EU.
Due to the well-functioning infrastructure of the network, it also provides support
- to companies seeking contacts for projects
- for political and economic delegations
- for city and regional partnerships
- Plenary Meetings take place once every 18 months, alternating between a European and an Asian country
- National Coordinators Meetings take place between the Plenary Meetings. The venue is decided upon at the previous Plenary Meeting
- Membership Representation
- Each university is represented by a University Coordinator who is appointed by the Rector in writing. The University Coordinator should be a Professor who actively carries out teaching and research
- Each country has a National Coordinator who is chosen by the University Coordinators of that country. To ensure continued cooperation over a long period, it is desirable that the National Coordinator is chosen /his position confirmed with the intention of holding this position over a longer period before the Plenary Meeting
- General Rules and Regulations
- All decisions require a 2/3rds majority
- In all activities each side should contribute in cash or kind according to their means. The per capita income of the countries serves as a general guideline for the relation of contributions.
- National governments are encouraged to provide specific support for the Network.
For information on how to become a member, how to cancel membership and membership fees please see Membership and Membership Fees.
Comments are closed.