Ernst Mach Follow-up Grants (EZA)
- PhD, Post-doc Grants (research grants)
Duration: 1-3 months
Supplementary grant, own funds required
Grant benefit paid:
- 1,150 EUR
- accident and health insurance
- if necessary the OeAD-GmbH will endeavor to provide accommodation on a cost basis of 240 to 470 EUR, additional monthly administration fee of 18 EUR
- Scholarship holders will receive a travel costs subsidy of 1.000 EUR maximum; if the visa cannot be obtained in the applicant’s (grant holder’s) home country travel expenses to Austrian representative authorities outside the applicant’s (grant holder’s) home country are also refundable upon presentation of original documents
- Maximum age for appplicants: 50 years
- Applicants are currently pursuing research or teaching at a higher education institution / university in a Non-European developing country and were in receipt of a grant in Austria which was administered by the OeAD-GmbH (formerly ÖAD).
- Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
- For applicants 5 years must have been passed since the last scholarship-supported study or research stay in Austria.
Deadline for applications:
Incomplete applications and applications not complying with the application criteria will not be accepted for the further selection process.
The selection follows a multistage processs:
- Examination of the formal requirements
- Assessment and evaluation of the application by experts
- Final decision by the BMWFW
During the selection process the following criteria are examined and assessed:
- Purpose of your stay
- Why did you choose the specific target institution in Austria?
- Added value of the stay for the partner countries concerned (establishment and/or continuation of institutional cooperation)
- Prior teaching and research activities
Link for further information:
For more information please click: Ernst Mach Follow-up Grant Link
Where to apply:
Online at www.scholarships.at ONLY! (Paper-based applications are no longer accepted!)