Indonesia-Austria Scholarship Programme
Country of origin:
Area of study or research:
Postgraduates who are qualified for a Doctoral/PhD programme in Austria
35 years or maximum 5 years after graduating from a master course whichever applies
Authority awarding grant:
OeAD – Austria’s Agency for Education and Internationalisation on behalf of and financed by the Ministry of Education and Culture (KEMENDIKBUD) and the OeAD.
36 months (9 months preparatory phase at the beginning; with a possibility to extend up to a maximum of 2 semesters on a case-by-case basis)
up to 10 new scholarships per study year
Monthly grant rate:
travel costs subsidy (for arrival and departure) will be paid by Indonesian authority
The following documents have to be sumitted:
- Letter of acknowledgement from a supervisor of the Austrian host University (Without an acknowledgement from a supervisor of the Austrian host University the application will not be considered).
- Short description of study project (2-4 pages, title, content, methodology, time table) which has been agreed on with the future supervisor in Austria.
- Two letters of recommendation by university lecturers (no specific form required: they must contain the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant and the stamp of the university/department and must not be older than six months at the time of application.)
- Scan of passport (Page with name and photo)
- Scan of transcripts and graduation certificates of former studies (Diploma, Bachelor, Master, PhD or Doctoral studies)
- Detailed CV
- IELTS 6,0 points or TOEFL 550 points (paper and Internet based)
After submission of the documents to the KEMENDIKBUD, preselected candidates will be invited to an Interview in Indonesia. Nominated candidates apply for admission in an Austrian university. The decision about the final scholarship award will be made after successful admission.
Closing date for application:
NEW: 7th May 2021 (instead of 31st March 2021)
Contact Person at KEMENDIKBUD:
Ms. Anis Apriliawati
Contact Person at OeAD-GmbH:
Mrs. Svetlana Kim