Vietnam-Austria Scholarship Programme
Country of origin:
Area of study or research:
Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Medicine, Agriculture and Forestry, Veterinary Medicine, Social Sciences, Law and Economics (no Theology and Arts).
Eligible for application are postgraduates pursuing a doctoral/PhD programme at a university in Vietnam or postgraduates who are qualified for a doctoral/PhD programme in Austria or graduates taking part in an Austrian-Vietnamese master programme. For further essential eligibility criteria, please visit the VIED-Website.
Up to 36 months (a 4th year is possible)
up to 20 new scholarships per study year
Monthly grant rate:
about 940 Euro
Closing Date for Applications:
No open call at the moment!
- VASP Application form (download from www.vied.vn/en)
- Confirmation of application for Project 911
- Degrees and academic transcripts required for doctoral study in Austria (Certified translation in English)
- Letter of acknowledgement from a supervisor of the Austrian host university
- Two pages of project/thesis description, which has been agreed upon with the future Austrian supervisor
- Proof of language skills referring to the selected study programme (score of 5.5 in IELTS or 500 in TOEFL)
- Applicants need to apply for Project 911 first: Ms. Quách Ngoc Minh (VIED) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only after successful application of Project 911, candidates can apply for the Vietnam Austria Scholarship Programme: Martha Eipeldauer (OeAD-GmbH) email@example.com
Selection through an Austrian-Vietnamese Board of Experts. The nomination of the Austrian representatives within this board is performed by the ASEA-UNINET.
- For more information on Project 911 please visit the VIED-Website.
- OeAD Website for the Vietnam-Austria Scholarship Programme
Division for Student Affairs
Ms. Quách Ngoc Minh
Tel.: (84-4)39335795 ext 305
ICM – Centre for International Cooperation & Mobility
Riem El-Amad, MA
Tel.: +43 1 534 08 – 401