Call for Bernd Rode Award 2017
The Bernd Rode Award is granted to outstanding scientific and higher education collaborations between European and South-East-Asian universities in the framework of ASEA-UNINET. The award is given every 18 months in three different categories.
The award is named after Bernd Michael Rode, an eminent Austrian researcher and founder of the Austrian-South-East-Asian Academic University Network (ASEA-UNINET).
The Award is associated with financial support up to a maximum of 5.000 euros to enhance and extend the research possibilities in the context of projects backed by ASEA-UNINET (e.g. travel expenses, research stay).
• The award is granted in the following three categories
- Junior (Individual contributions conducted within the framework of ASEA-UNINET, by applicants up to 5 years after completion of their PhD studies)
- Senior (Individual contributions, including all publications and projects carried out in the framework of ASEA-UNINET, by applicants over a period of 5 years after completion of their PhD studies)
- Project-based collaborative research conducted in the framework of ASEA-UNINET
• Scientific contributions and projects (respective contributions in the area of music) are accepted in the three categories (junior, senior, project-based) mentioned above.
• The projects and contributions submitted must have been at least partially funded by ASEA-UNINET after the year 2012 (e.g. research-stay, scholarship, etc.).
• The amount of money awarded has to be reinvested into an ASEA-UNINET-supported project.
Submissions are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include the following documents.
• Junior and Senior submissions:
- Short description (about 5 pages)
- Role of ASEA-UNINET in the work of the applicant
- CV and publication list (plus the applicants’ best publications as full pdf-version max.5)
- The three most important scientific or artistic contributions of the applicant (max. 200 Words)
• Project-based submissions:
- Short project description (about 5 pages)
- Role of ASEA-UNINET as facilitator
- CV and list of publications of the project team
- Scientific and/or societal education results and publications arising from the project
|Submission deadline:||May 1st, 2017|
|Notification Deadline:||June 15th, 2017|
|Award Ceremony / ASEA-UNINET Plenary Meeting 2017:||July 2017|
From left to right: Bernd Rode Award Winner 2016 - Matthias A. Lechner, MD PhD MRCS DOHNS FHEA (Medical University of Innsbruck); Univ.-Prof. Dr. Erich Schmutzhard (ASEA-UNINET Coordinator, Medical University of Innsbruck); and Bernd Rode Award Winner 2016 - Prof Dr. Abdul Jalil Nordin (University Putra Malaysia)