1-21 July 2018 // PSU 2018 Thai Cultural Camp
The PSU Thai Cultural Camp is a three-week summer program in July 2018 which aims to bringing together students from prominent universities around the world to enrich them with an in-depth knowledge of Thailand’s culture, cuisine, traditional medicine, sufficiency economy and way of life. During the program, participants will experience the amazing “Land of Smiles” via the comprehensive program including language, cultural classes as well as enjoyable field trips to famous tourist attractions in the south of Thailand, such as Phuket and Satun.
The PSU Thai Cultural Camp will be hold at Prince of Songklar University Hat Yai Campus, Songkhla Province, Thailand from 1st to 21st July 2018.
Hat Yai Campus is the main PSU campus, located in the busy, commercial city of Hat Yai in Songkhla province, the hub of trade and economy of the major provinces in the Lower South. Hat Yai Campus, with its attractive landscape, provides a serene setting ideal for education and learning, and is the center of various disciplines, including Health Science, Science and Technology, Engineering, Management Sciences, Liberal Arts, Economics, Law, Natural Resources, Environment Management, and Agro-Industry.
The city of Hat Yai is about 60 km from the Malaysian border, one hour flying from Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore, and 30 km from the beautiful tropical long beaches of Songkhla. It is a modern city, with a vibrant mix of Thai, Chinese, and Malay influences, making Hat Yai a thrill to visit with many cultural and modern entertainment attractions.
The various lectures hold at the PSU Thai Cultural Camp include Thai language, Thai Dancing, Thai Boxing, Traditional Medicine, Thai Cooking, Sufficiency Economy, and Thai Way of Life and its Environment.
Experience, Explore, Enjoy
Participants will be able to experience a broad variety of activities introduced and guided by knowledgeable instructors. For example, during the Thai Cooking session participants will cook and taste several Thai dishes, like the authentic and traditional Thai style “Tom Yam Kung.” Also, during the Thai Traditional Medicine class, Thai Herbs and Spa are introduced and participants will learn how to do themselves herbal medicines. They will take this knowledge back home, to apply it in their own country.
Participants have the opportunity to travel to and get first-hand information on historical places and renowned tourist attractions in Southern Thailand, such as:
- Songkhla: Samila Beach, Folklore museum, old city, etc.
- Phuket: Patong Beach, Promthep Cape, Wat Chalong, (an optional trip to the white sand islands & snorkeling, at participants’ charge, is also available).
- Satun: white-water rafting, beautiful waterfalls and impressive caves.
- Field trips to local villages.
The full program can be downloaded here:
Normally, students will be accommodated on campus. However, in case that the number of available rooms is not enough, they will stay in comfortable accommodations off campus. Laundry service, restaurants, and mini-marts are available nearby. Campus-wide Wi-Fi internet is also available. The campus houses many students’ cafeteria, a student activities building, and a modern Sport Complex with an Olympic-size swimming pool.
- The minimum age of participants is 18.
- Participant’s passport must be available for minimum six (6) months on the date of entering Thailand.
- Participants from PSU partner universities benefit of discounts only if they are nominated by their university and the related department at their university sends to PSU the specific Application Form.
- Individual applications are possible, but no discount will apply.
Early bird rate: US$ 950 (payed before the end of March 2017)
Final deadline payment: US$ 1,000 (payed on April 1st and after)
- includes accommodation, local transportation to field trips and excursions as mentioned in the program, as well as several meals;
- airport pick-up (arrival) and drop-off (departure) at Hat Yai International Airport will be provided
- participants are responsible for their own travel expenses from home city to Hat Yai, international health & accident insurance, some meals, and other personal expenses;
- bank transfer fees must be covered by the participant.
Please find here information on
Please make bank transfer payment to Siam Commercial Bank, PSU Hat Yai Branch, 15 Karnjanavanich Road, Hat Yai, Songkhla 90110 Thailand, Account Name: PSU International Affairs, Account No. 565-455889-5, SWIFT Code: SICOTHBK
Please be informed that the number of participants is limited and they will be accepted on the basis of “first-come, first-served.” For your information, even if the deadline for nomination is the end of February 2018, we may close the applications once the seats are fully booked.
Please send the completed Application Form, copy of passport & bank transfer slip to the PSU International Affairs Office:
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by fax: + 66 74 446825
International Affairs Office
Prince of Songkla University
15 Karnjanavanich Road, Hat Yai, Songkhla 90110 Thailand
Phone: + 66 74 446824 or + 66 74 282253-5
Facebook: PSU Thai Cultural Camp